Translate

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Brussel Sprouts- love or hate relationship!


Two of my sons and my husband hate brussel sprouts. One of my sons, my daughter, and I love brussel sprouts. So I am continually hunting for recipes that may appeal to everyone in the family . I almost did it - my son liked them and my husband liked the sauce! But I loved this dish and I think the sauce would be awesome over many things - ribeye steak, roasted chicken to name a couple of ideas.


1 lb. fresh brussel sprouts
4 strips bacon
1 large shallot, chopped finely
1/4 c. sherry ( can use cream sherry, it's just a little sweeter!)
1/2 c. heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste
olive oil


Wash and halve the brussel sprouts. Toss in a bowl with olive oil and then pour onto a baking pan and roast at 475 degrees for about 12-15 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.

Meanwhile, fry the bacon in a skillet until crispy. Remove and set to the side. Add the chopped shallots to the bacon fat and saute until soft and translucent. Add the sherry and cream to the shallots and simmer until reduced by half. Place brussel sprouts in a serving bowl and toss with the crumbled bacon and sherry cream sauce.


Yum!

1 comment:

Kathi said...

This is wonderful. Thank you so much. My husband and I love Brussels sprouts too, but our teens do not. I will try this. Kathi